Beauty by the inch.
Photos, movies, games, videos, and applications with palettes. Anything you
see on the 20- or 24-inch glossy widescreen display will be a pixel-perfect
experience. iMac features a flat-panel LCD screen with 1680-by-1050 resolution
(20-inch) or 1920-by-1200 resolution (24-inch), giving you vivid colors and
breathtaking high-definition clarity. And there's nothing quite like seeing
your life's events on the big screen, thanks to the new iLife '09 built
into every iMac.
Greener than ever.
iMac is designed with the environment in mind. It's created with highly
recyclable glass and aluminum. It's free of harmful toxins such as
brominated flame retardants (BFRs) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC). iMac is so
energy efficient, it meets ENERGY STAR 5.0 requirements and has earned the
EPEAT Gold rating.
The latest Intel Core 2 Duo processors run at speeds starting at 2.66GHz
with options up to 3.06GHz. And they include 6MB of shared L2 cache.
Translation: iMac runs your applications faster and more efficiently than
Fast, faster, or fastest?
Every new iMac includes high-performance NVIDIA graphics standard. Now
games run smoother, photos load faster, and pro applications have even more
power. The 20-inch iMac with the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics
processor delivers up to 2.3x faster graphics performance.1 The
24-inch iMac gives you even more graphics options. The NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
integrated graphics processor makes viewing web pages and searching through
your iPhoto library smoother and more efficient. Or you can choose NVIDIA
GeForce GT 120 discrete graphics to take 3D graphics up a notch. For 3D
graphics-intensive games or pro applications like Aperture and Motion, the
NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 and ATI Radeon HD 4850 processors deliver the fastest
graphics performance yet.
More memory standard.
iMac now has up to 4GB of 1066MHz DDR3 memory standard so you can run
more applications simultaneously. And with a Serial ATA hard drive up to
1TB,2 load up on photos, videos, music, and more. That's a
remarkable amount of storage for just about anything and everything.
iMac ins and outs.
Bring on your iPod, digital camera, mobile phone, and external hard
drive. If it has a cable, iMac has a place for it. You'll find four USB
2.0 ports on iMac itself and two on the Apple Keyboard. Connect faster
peripherals to the FireWire 800 port for even more possibilities.
Turn your house into a Wi-Fi wonderland. High-speed 802.11n wireless
technology is built into iMac. And with Time Capsule or the AirPort Express
Base Station, every computer in every room can wirelessly connect to iMac,
the Internet, and each other.3 Over this network, everyone can
print, surf the web, and even play music from the iTunes library through
your home stereo wirelessly.
Built into the top of iMac is an iSight camera. You'll hardly notice
it's there until you want to launch iChat, Photo Booth, or iMovie. iSight
is easy to use and highly advanced. The remarkable picture quality and color
accuracy make this tiny feature huge.
iMac doesn't have a disc tray. CDs and DVDs slide right into the
slot-loading SuperDrive. What makes it super? You can burn your own CDs and
DVDs including double-layer DVDs to back up data or create your own
music mixes. With the SuperDrive and iDVD, you can even burn the movies you
make onto a DVD and watch them on your TV.
New Page 3
Processor and memory
- 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 6MB shared L2 cache at full processor speed
- 1066MHz frontside bus
- 2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up
- 320GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
- Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive (DVD?R DL/DVD?RW/CD-RW)
- Writes DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL discs at up to 4x speed
- Writes DVD-R and DVD+R discs at up to 8x speed
- Writes DVD-RW discs at up to 6x speed and DVD+RW discs at up to 8x
- Reads DVDs at up to 8x speed
- Writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed
- Writes CD-RW discs at up to 16x speed
- Reads CDs at up to 24x speed
- Built-in 20-inch (viewable)glossy widescreen TFT active-matrix liquid
- Resolution: 1680 by 1050 pixels
Graphics and video support
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared
with main memory
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Internal 24-watt digital amplifier
- Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
- Audio line in/optical digital audio input (minijack)
- Built-in microphone
- Support for Apple Stereo Headset with microphone
Connections and expansion
- One FireWire 800 port; 7 watts
- Total of six USB 2.0 ports: four ports on computer, two ports on wired
AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on IEEE 802.11n draft
specification);2 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
What's in the box
- Apple Keyboard
- Mighty Mouse
- Cleaning cloth
- Power cord
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard (includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look,
Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book,
QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools)
- iLife '09 (includes iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand)
You can also have the following software pre-installed, only at the Apple
- iWork '09
- Final Cut Express
- Logic Express 2
Size and weight
- 18.5 inches (46.9 cm)
- 19.1 inches (48.5 cm)
- 7.4 inches (18.9 cm)
- 20 pounds (9.1 kg)