Upgrade your DVDs to near HD quality via an HDMI™ connection with the DVP-SR500H upscaling DVD player. A perfect complement to your home theater, this DVD player features Precision Cinema Progressive™ technology for sharper and more vibrant images as well as the Precision Drive™ 3 system which lets you play back some of your damaged or warped DVDs without a degradation of picture quality. In addition to watching movies, you can play CDs, MP3s and share your digital photos with friends and family.
- Upscaling DVD player via HDMI™ connection:
- Upscaling DVD Player (via HDMI™; cable sold separately) makes your existing DVDs look better on your HDTV by improving the picture quality to near high definition.
- Multiple format disc playback:
- View movies and photos and listen to music using this DVD player with multiple format playback. The DVP-SR500H supports DVD/DVD-RW/DVD-R/DVD+RW/DVD+R DL and CD-R/CD-RW discs plays WMA, AAC, LPCM, MPEG1 (Cyber-shot® movie), and JPEG files.
- Photo TV HD:
- Bring your photos to life and enjoy highly detailed, Full HD 1920 x 1080p images with the PhotoTV HD mode. PhotoTV HD works with select Sony cameras and this DVD player and HDMI™ output to fine tune sharpness, gradation, and color, displaying images that more closely match the look of printed photos.
- Dolby® Digital and dts® coaxial digital output:
- The DVP-SR500H includes support for enhanced audio formats from Dolby and dts and provides connectivity to some older receivers and televisions allowing the player to work with some audio systems. Also included is an analog audio two-channel output.
- Multi-brand TV remote control:
- Switching back and forth between remote controls while watching television or a movie is a hassle. The remote control included with the DVP-SR500H allows you to operate most major brands of television and this DVD player.
- Precision Drive™ 3 system:
- Sony® Precision Drive 3 assists in quickly correcting warping and surface layer issues on this DVDs for smooth playback.
- Multiple-disc resume:
- Multiple-disc resume allows you to power on your player and return to the last scene you were watching on up to six of your most previously watched discs without having to search.
- Meets ENERGY STAR® guidelines for energy efficiency:
- Many home audio and video devices can use significant power, even when turned off and in standby mode. The DVP-SR500H, however, was built for energy efficiency.
- Precision Cinema Progressive™ technology:
- Many other DVD players detect image changes at the scan line level; the Sony® Precision Cinema Progressive system, however, detects image changes at the pixel level. The picture is more faithful to the source -- whether film or video -- because special algorithms handle the different pixel behavior. The technology also employs separate algorithms to process the moving and still parts of an image, resulting in sharp backgrounds with moving objects that are virtually free from artifacts.
- Fast/slow playback with sound:
- Fast and slow playback with sound lets you advance through scenes quickly without missing the dialog.
- Child lock (tray lock):
- A child lock feature help prevents children from accessing the DVD player's tray.