(Manufacturer # MC688LL/A )
Music has a whole new feel.
iPod nano has been completely redesigned with Multi-Touch
the same technology that makes iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch so amazing.
Now it's half the size and even easier to play. And everything you want to
hear is just a tap or swipe away.
Turn up the color.
In sleek anodized aluminum and seven bright colors, iPod
nano makes a huge statement: You are, most definitely, ready to rock.
Pixels that pop.
Show off your album art, photos, and the color-coordinated
wallpaper on the 1.5-inch color display with 240-by-240 pixel resolution. It's
tiny yet stunning.
Clip on and cut loose.
The new built-in clip makes it easy to move to the music.
Just clip iPod nano to your sleeve, jacket, or bag. And wherever you go,
your favorite tunes are right where you need them.
Plug into the groove.
With the built-in 30-pin connector, you can easily plug
iPod nano into your car stereo system, your speakers at home, and many other
products made for iPod.
It fits your fingers.
iPod nano is 46 percent smaller, 42 percent lighter, and
100 percent made for music with Multi-Touch. It's the perfect size for a tap
or a swipe, so fingertips feel right at home.
Your greatest hits. And taps. And swipes.
The best things in life have a soundtrack, and
that's where iPod nano shines. The Multi-Touch display lets you experience
your music in a new way. Tap to play anything you want to hear. Swipe the Home
screen to browse your music by songs, albums, artists, playlists, genres, or
composers. You can even rearrange the icons on your Home screen so your music
is organized just how you like.
Clip on some tunes.
With the new built-in clip, you can walk, run, ride, or
dance with your favorite songs on your sleeve (or pocket, jacket, or bag).
The album art of the song you're listening to fits perfectly on the
Play all day. And all night.
The built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery gives you up
to 24 hours of nonstop music. So when you clip on an 8GB or 16GB iPod nano,
you'll have plenty of tunes to make it through your commute, your workout,
Shake it up.
Now for something completely random. Give iPod nano a shake
and it shuffles to a different song in your music library. Shake to Shuffle is
perfect for when you're not in any particular music mood. You never know
what you're going to hear, and you'll always be pleasantly surprised.
Your own personal DJ.
Say you're listening to a song you love and you want to
stay in the groove. Just tap Genius. It finds other songs on your iPod nano
that go great together and makes a Genius playlist for you. For more song
combinations you wouldn't have thought of yourself, create Genius Mixes in
iTunes and sync the ones you like to your iPod nano. Then tap the Genius Mixes
icon and rediscover songs you haven't heard in a while or find music you
forgot you even had.
Ride the airwaves on iPod nano. The FM tuner shows the
artist, song, or program you're listening to. Just tap to see the radio
controls, flick the radio dial to change stations, and tap to set your
If you need to take a break from listening,
don't miss a minute of radio time with Live Pause. Tap to pause a song or
show, then tap again to continue where you left off. You can rewind as far
back as 15 minutes or fast-forward to catch up to the live broadcast.
iPod nano features VoiceOver, the world's first
gesture-based screen reader. Touch the screen to hear a description of the
item under your finger, then double-tap, drag, or flick to control iPod nano.
Use the optional Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic to control your music
without looking at the screen. VoiceOver tells you the name of the song or
artist and it speaks 29 languages.
Size and weight
- Height:1.48 inches (37.5 mm)
- Width:1.61 inches (40.9 mm)
- Depth:0.35 inch (8.78 mm)
- Weight:0.74 ounce (21.1 grams)1
- Volume:0.614 cu inch (10,056 cu mm)including
- 1.54-inch (diagonal) color TFT display
- 240-by-240-pixel resolution
- 220 pixels per inch
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes
Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4,
Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limi
- Regional settings for Americas, Asia, Australia, Europe, and Japan
- Live Pause feature for pausing a radio broadcast and rewinding (within a
- 29 VoiceOver languages: Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin), Czech, Danish,
Dutch, English (Australia, UK, U.S.), Finnish, French (Canada, France),
German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish,
Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish (Mexico,
Spain), Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- VoiceOver gesture-based screen reader
- High-resolution LCD display with adjustable backlight settings for
easier reading in low light
- White on black display
- Mono Audio
Battery and power3
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Up to 24 hours of music playback when fully charged
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)
- Fast-charge time: about 1.5 hours (charges up to 80% of battery
- Full-charge time: about 3 hours
- Mac computer with USB 2.0 port, Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later, and iTunes 10
- PC with USB 2.0 port; Windows 7, Vista, or XP Home or Professional (SP3)
or later; and iTunes 10 or later4
- Internet access required; broadband recommended; fees may apply
In the box
- iPod nano
- Apple Earphones
- Dock Connector to USB Cable
- Quick Start guide and Important Product Information
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Testing conducted by Apple in August 2010 using
preproduction hardware and software. The playlist contained 358 unique
audio tracks consisting of content imported from CDs using iTunes
(128-Kbps AAC) and content purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC).
Video content was purchased from the iTunes Store. Battery tests are
conducted with specific iPod units; actual results may vary. Rechargeable
batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need
to be replaced (see www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/battery). Battery
life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. See
www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- iPod and iTunes are for legal or rightholder-authorized
copying only. Don't steal music.
- Available on iTunes. Title availability subject to