Fry's ISP Quick Setup Guide: Windows 2000 and Microsoft Outlook Express
Setting up Windows 2000 to use the Fry's ISP
- Dial-up networking connection type: PPP
- PPP authentication method: PAP
- DNS server addresses: Click Here. If your operating system supports it, the DNS server addresses will be automatically configured during the PPP IPCP
- POP3 or incoming email server: mail.frys.com, using POP3 port 110.
- SMTP or outgoing email server: mail.frys.com (non-promiscious relay) using SMTP port 25.
- NNTP or news server: Try http://www.Google.com/.
- Close all open windows, and double-click on the My Computer icon in the upper-left-hand corner of your Desktop.
- Double-click on the Control Panel icon inside My Computer.
- Double-click on Networking and dial-up connections.
- Then double-click on Make a new connection.
- There will be a blank field that ask you for you area code. Enter the correct area code for you area and then click on the OK button.
- The Phone and Modem Options will pop-up.
- Select the area code that you entered in the last step by clicking on it and then click on Ok.
- Then the Network Connection Wizard will pop-up. Click on the Ok button to continue.
- It then asks you what type of connection you are going to make. Select the second option, Dial-up to the internet. After you select that choice click on the next button to continue.
- The Internet Connection Wizard will pop-up. You want to select the third option on the list, I want to set up my Internet connection manually, or I want to connect through a local area network (LAN).
- Next, a window labeled Setting up your Internet connection should appear. Select the first option on the list, I connect through a phone line and a modem and then click on the next button to continue.
- There will be three steps for the next section. Step 1 of 3: Internet account connection information There will then be a field for the area code and the telephone number.
Fill these fields in with the correct number for you area (ex: 4410191). After filling in the number correctly, click the next button to continue.
- Setup 2 of 3: Internet account logon information There will then be two fields for your account information. First fill in your email@example.com (make sure that the spelling, capitalization and punctuation is correct if acceptable), then on the next field fill in your password.
When you are finished click on the next button to continue.
- Step 3 of 3: Configuring your computer. Fill in the blank field with Fry's ISP and then click the next button to continue.
- Next it will ask questions regarding setting up your mail account. Set up your internet mail account should pop-up on your screen. Select yes to set up your Fry's E-mail account and click the next button to continue.
- Next, to setup your mail account, click on the Create a new Internet Mail Account andlick the next button to continue.
- The Internet Connection Wizard will then ask for your real name. Enter in your name in the field that says Your Name (ex. John Doe) and then click the next button to continue.
- In the next section, Enter in your Fry's ISP Internet account information. (firstname.lastname@example.org, for example). Then click the next button to continue.
- E-mail Server Name Select the POP3 option in the combo box and then enter in mail.frys.com into the two fields labeled Incoming mail server and outgoing mail server.
- Internet Mail Logon Enter your Fry's ISP email@example.com into the account name field (firstname.lastname@example.org, for example) and your Fry's ISP password into the password field. (remember your mail is the same as your dial-up information)
- To connect click the finish button and your all set up.
- The Dial-up Connection Manager will then pop-up. To connect to the Fry's ISP, click the button labeled connect, and you're on the Internet! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to call the Fry's ISP Department at (408) 487-4622.