Getting Connected with Windows Vista
- To setup dialup on Windows Vista, first click the Windows Start/Flag button, and click "Control Panel".
- Next, make sure you are in "Classic View" so you can view all the icons and options properly. You can do this by clicking "Classic View" at the top left of your screen.
- Double click on "Network and Sharing Center", listed alphabetically in the list of icons on the right hand side.
- Pick "Set up a connection or network" on the left hand side under Tasks.
- Pick "Connect to the Internet" and then click "Next".
- You now have the choice between Broadband (PPPoE) and Dial-up. Click on "Dial-up".
- You are now prompted to enter in the settings to configure your dial-up service with FrysISP. An example is provided below, use the correct local phone number for your location. Be sure you check "Remember this password".
- Check to be sure that you have your phone cord plugged from the phonejack to your modem; the setup is complete and you can click connect. (If the phone cord is not connected at this time, it will fail to connect and you can click "Create this connection anyways" so you can use it in the future.)