Fry's ISP Quick Start Guide: Eudora E-Mail Client
- Dial-up networking connection type: PPP
- PPP authentication method: PAP
- DNS server addresses: Click Here. If your operating system supports it, the DNS server addresses will be automatically configured during the PPP IPCP
- POP3 or incoming email server: mail.frys.com, using POP3 port 110.
- SMTP or outgoing email server: mail.frys.com (non-promiscious relay) using SMTP port 25.
- NNTP or news server: Try http://www.Google.com/.
Setting up Eudora as my email client
- Start Eudora as you normally would.
- Choose the "Settings" item under the Special menu.
- Click the "Getting Started" icon.
- Enter your name in the box labeled "Real Name".
- Enter your email@example.com in the box labeled "Name".If you do not have a username, contact ISP technical support at (408) 487-4622 to have a new one assigned. Enter mail.frys.net in the box labeled Mail "Host" Enter your full email address in the box labeled Return Address. Click the "Hosts" icon. Enter mail.frys.com in the box labeled SMTP.
- Click the "Checking Mail"icon.
- Click the box "Save Password".
- Click the "Sending Mail"icon.
- Make sure the box next to "Immediate Send" is not checked.
- Click [Ok].
How do I get or send my email using Eudora?
- Launch Eudora by double-clicking the Eudora icon.
- Choose "Check Mail" from the file menu (or type Command-M). Eudora will automatically retrieve any email messages you have waiting on the Fry's ISP mail server and
send any email messages you have queued for delivery.
- If you have new messages to read, a dialog box will open informing you that you have new mail. Click [OK] and your new mail will appear in the "In" window. To read a message, double-click the message.