The ATH-SR50BT headphones are equipped with a mic and touch-sensor controls in the left earcup, making it easy to answer calls, adjust volume and handle music playback on smartphones and other devices. The controls also offer the selection of active ambient noise reduction, which gently reduces environmental noise for cleaner, high-fidelity sound. A separate quick hear-through button can be pressed to hear external noises - voices in particular - a feature that's useful for engaging in brief conversations, hearing public transportation announcements, and the like. Headphone settings can be adjusted quickly and easily by using the Audio-Technica Connect app on a connected smartphone.
The earpads and headband are made of soft memory foam for ultimate comfort, and the headphones fold flat for easy storage in the included pouch. The internal lithium polymer battery provides 28 hours of continuous Bluetooth and ANC use on a full charge, and recharges via the included 30 cm (1.0') USB charging cable.
- Switchable quick hear-through function allows voices (conversations, announcements at airports and transit stations, etc.) to be heard through the headphones
- Internal battery provides up to 28 hours of continuous Bluetooth and ANC use on a full charge
- Soft memory foam earpads and headband for ultimate comfort
- Compatible with aptX, AAC and SBC codecs
- Fold-flat design for easy portability
- 1.2 m (3.9') cable provides a wired connection for times when wireless operation is not available, when battery power is low, or when Hi-Res Audio is desired
- Supports the Audio-Technica Connect app for convenient control of headphone settings