- Low Noise Preamplifier Circuitry Maximum low voltage signal from the source unit comes into the amplifier through a low voltage circuit which delivers minimal distortion through the amplification process
- RCA Inputs Nickel plated RCA connectors for audiophile signal quality and maximum signal throughput with minimum distortion and maximum external noise rejection
- Operation Mode Flexible installation allows this amplifier to run in four channel or bridged mono mode
- Crossover Type Accu-Cross crossovers allow for complete control of the signal directing to all speakers. See specifications section for specific frequencies
- Electronic Equalizer Control of amplifier output with on board electronic crossover to tailor specific frequencies to speakers and subwoofers. Check specifications for specific frequencies for this amplifier
- CLASS / Topology Developed over 4 decades of engineering to deliver the highest level of sound quality and power efficiency, Hifonics ALPHA Full Range Super D-Class® circuitry results in lower distortion, higher current efficiencies and while producing less heat than conventional amplifier designs
- Output Device Technology The Ultra-Fi™ MOSFET is designed for music production vs just electronics output power. It produces very musical high power with high efficiency for cooling and minimal distortion
- Heat Sink Heavy duty aluminum alloy heat-sink efficiently moves heat from the MOSFET where it can be cooled
- Power Supply The Twin Turbo Coil PS is a Pulse Width Modulated power supply keeps voltage constant through the Ultra-Fi output devices
- Output Connections Nickel plated, high temperature impact resistant with hex screw terminals that allow for secure connections and is erosion resistant
- Connection Type Secure connection for all power, ground and speaker connections. Angled for ease of access during installation.
- LED System Protection Circuitry Diagnostics Monitor overload and speaker short protection with illuminated indicators on the amplifier end panel
- Auto Turn-on The amplifier detects a voltage rise (6 volts) with a "DC Offset" over the connected input signal on the HIGH LEVEL INPUTS when the head unit or source unit is switched on. Thus, the amplifier will also be turned on. When the source unit is turn off the amplifier is also turned off. Using this feature eliminates the need to use the REM (turn on wire) The AUTO TURN-ON function will work with 90% of all source units because they are equipped with "high power" output. Only a few older head units will not use this function
- Full Range Digital Mono amplifiers focus on only subwoofer frequencies with Super D Class®, high efficiency/high power technology to deliver maximum wattage. With this focus on engineering, ALPHA delivers big sound while remaining very musical in a compact chassis is the result.
- SMT Inside
With Surface Mount Technology the typical "through-hole" placement and the larger tolerances from human placement is dramatically improved. In addition, circuit engineers can design better circuits for power and sound quality as the tolerances of SMT components are superior to larger "through-hole" components.
Because of their lower mass SMT components withstand shock and vibration making them perfect for audio designed for all vehicles.
- 300KHZ High Speed Pulsing The switching speed of the Class D chip puts the amplifier sampling frequencies at over 100 times higher than human ears can hear. This means that the amplifier and the very fast digital switching remains un-hearable in the audio bandwidth for music.